Spinal cord injuries
Moore Blatch has joined forces with Aspire, the national spinal cord injury charity to form Aspire Law a unique joint venture dedicated to supporting and helping people with spinal cord injury.
Both organisations have worked closely together to combine their knowledge and experience in Spinal Cord Injury to create a new Social Enterprise Model which places clients’ needs and requirements at the centre of the work and ensures that Aspire Law delivers a highly personalised service.
Damian Horan, Legal Director for Aspire Law, explains: “Before agreeing on the structure of the business, considerable research was completed into client experiences, expectations and concerns around legal claims resulting from spinal injuries. The feedback received was incredibly valuable and this information directly influenced the final business model.
“We believe Aspire Law will provide genuine competition within the market, as the business uses an innovative solution that combines strong legal expertise with charitable values, putting the needs of those with Spinal Cord Injury above all else.”
Unlike many other providers, the business is dedicated solely to Spinal Cord Injury work and, as well as using lawyers with a strong track record for securing the best compensation for clients, it will also benefit from Aspire’s considerable knowledge of providing services for spinally injured people. The result will be a service that will tackle every issue arising from Spinal Cord Injury including; housing, education, care and rehabilitation, as well as emotional and family support.
Brian Carlin, Chief Executive of Aspire, comments about this important venture: “We are really excited about this opportunity and the benefits it will bring to people with spinal cord injuries. The income generated from this venture will lead to substantial support for other spinal cord injured people, who aren’t in a position to receive compensation claims, but can benefit from many of the services which we operate and will develop in the future.”
Research carried out prior to Aspire Law’s formation indicated that as well as getting the right level of compensation, there were a number of wider issues relating to spinal cord injuries which had a considerable impact on clients’ quality of life that needed to be addressed. Clients also requested more face-to-face support and greater levels of integration with wider support services. Aspire Law will use the combined expertise of its founding partners to ensure that all claims recognise the bigger picture, achieving optimum and timely settlements whilst working in a way that most benefits clients.
What makes Aspire Law unique?
- The only specialist law firm in the UK dedicated to supporting and helping people with spinal cord injury.
- Aspire Law will also make no deduction of fees from the compensation awarded to clients, allowing clients to keep 100% of their award, and enabling them to move on and live an independent life.
- We work quickly and efficiently to maximise the compensation award for our clients in the shortest possible timeframe.
- As a joint partner in the venture Aspire the charity will receive 50% of profits to reinvest back into the charitable work it does, providing continued and sustained benefit to those with Spinal Cord Injury
- As well as winning compensation for our clients, we work with Aspire to provide a service that tackles every issue arising from spinal cord injury including housing, education, care and rehabilitation as well as emotional and family support.
For more information please visit www.aspirelaw.co.uk or alternatively call 0800 030 20 40.